Monday, April 13, 2009

A Proud Sister Moment

Pardon me while I brag a little. (Readers of this blog should be well aware that among my favorite things to do is bragging about the accomplishments of my loved ones.)

Meet Anna. At just 12 years old, she is the youngest of my three siblings. Adding to her long list of accomplishments, she was just elected to be the eight grade class president. Congrats to Anna! And congrats to the eithgrade class that elected her; they're in great hands.

There's lots of reasons to love Anna - her sense of humor, her kindness, her quick wit, her joyful nature - but my favorite thing about Anna is her unpretentious confidence. It might be because I spent essentially my entire adolescence in a state of self-loathing, but I just love that she seems so happy in her own skin and confident in her likability without a trace of arrogance or smugness. She is kind, thoughtful, funny, and exactly herself all the time and never stops to consider what anyone might think of her. She just likes herself and assumes everyone else will, too. And apparently, they do. Congrats Anna. I continue to be inspired by you and I love you very much. You'll make a fantastic class president.

Always thoughtful, I got an email from Anna yesterday wishing me a Happy Easter. Her signature line included this phrase:

"love, anna (or anna spelled backward - take your pick.)"

Don't you just love her?!

3 comments:

kenny said...

YES!!!! I think this confidence Anna has is because of me, I taught her to drive, "What ?" you may be asking yourself. Yes, at a ripe age of 6 yrs old I made her drive (around the block) sheer terror in her eyes, her only concern was if a policeman would pull her over. I guess since then nothing could be much scarier. Driving at age 6=confidence. All because of me. (You can thank me now, Anna ,or spelled backwards Anna)
Congrats on Presidency!!!

Anna Elizabeth said...

Thanks Jill! You are so very kind to write those wonderful(not always true) things about me! You are the best older sister ever! (sorry Becca!)
-Anna
P.S. Kenny, thanks for teaching me how to drive at such a young age!
-Anna(or Anna spelled backwards, your pick!)

allegra said...

what a sweet tribute to your sister. wish i had her confidence in the teenage years. i was so lost:)
beautiful girl inside and out