Friday, June 5, 2009

That's a Dorcus

In honor of casual Friday, I thought I'd take a moment to pay my due respect to the originator of the Hawaiian shirt/dress pant combo: The Dorcus Company.


Founder, Barney Dorcus, had this to say about his early products: “I have a dream. I dream I take off my shirt at the end of the day and the armpits ain’t hanging out in smokin’ strings from my BO, that’s what I dream.”

Thanks to this eloquent and ambitious man and his company of sweat-proof suits and tacky casual-wear, I can look forward to Friday business meetings that resemble luaus.

In perusing the Dorcus archives I came across these winning looks:

For the guy bent on dressing like his wife...and on having a smaller waste than her. Because every man should have a man-skirt for those special occasions... and for dance-offs: Okay, I actually kinda like this last look...as long as it doesn't appear on my middle aged co-workers on Casual Friday.

Happy Friday!

No comments: