Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Thank You's

Thank you John Sharpe treating Kenny and me to a wonderful dinner at Roman Cucina last Friday. I meant to take a picture for you of the bruschetta, the roasted mushrooms, the penne w/ shrimp in a lemon-cream sauce, and the spaghetti w/ crab in arribiata... I meant to, but I pretty much inhaled everything the second it was placed on the table. I was fat and full before I remembered my camera. Sorry. It was wonderful. Feel free to stay with us anytime.

Thank you Whitney (i.e. The Rookie Cookie) for thinking to send me a recipe for flour-less chocolate cookies. I look forward to trying them.

Thank you Ben and Katie for hosting our softball team for a BBQ on Monday (and thank you Teammate Amber for that marvelous ice cream dessert). I thoroughly enjoyed all the food, company, volleyball, star-gazing on the trampoline, and quoting "Tard-Cards." Ben, thanks for being the winning component to our volley ball team; you don't know how rare (and gratifying) it is to beat Skyler and Elise in anything... as a side note, I couldn't figure out why my forearms and wrists were so sore and tender yesterday, until the bruising showed up today. It was totally worth it to win (especially after Skyler nailed me in the face on that one serve).

Angela, thank you for agreeing to meet me for lunch today. I'm expecting it to be the high-light of my work week.

Thank you Jamba Juice for creating your "Jamba-Light" menu. I love it. (And I want to marry it and have its children.)

Colleagues at work, thank you for not judging me too harshly when I come back from my lunch breaks looking like I just woke up. Because, in fact, I did just wake up. And I'll have you know that it's hard to look refreshed after trying to nap in your car - especially when your car is black and is parked in a So-Cal inferno.

Thank you Ruth and Lisa at 24 Hour Fitness for whipping my body in shape every Tuesday in S.E.T. and Yoga classes, thus making it possible for me to eat all the junk I love to consume. Elise and Skyler, thank you again for the cycling shoes you got me for my birthday. I feel so legit and hard-core in my Wed and Thursday spin class now.

Thank you, Jon and Kristyn for first, employing my husband to do some odd jobs, and second, for growing and sharing all those oranges. Seriously, they make the best orange juice I've ever had.

Kenny, thank you for collecting and juicing those two huge bags of oranges and not being upset when I drank almost all of it myself. Also, thank you for being a responsible adult and attending your marketing class instead of Monday's BBQ. I know it was a hard decision for you and I'm very proud you chose class. Mostly though, thank you for staying up with me for those two hours last night (from 1-3am) that I couldn't sleep (again). Thank you for tickling my back and rubbing my neck and shoulders in effort to get me comfortable, for getting me Kleenex when I was crying in frustration, and for cleaning up the blankets and pillows I left all over the apartment as I tried to find a comfortable spot to sleep. (Well, I'm assuming you've done that last thing already...you've done it every other morning this week.) You're wonderful.

And thank you...I'm sure you've said/done something thoughtful and nice. Keep it up. I like saying thank you.

4 comments:

John Sharpe said...

Jill and Kenny,
Thank You for letting stay at your place and watch your TV and get me hooked on It's Always Sunny in Philadephia. I got Emily hooked too!
I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the Roman Cucina gift card. That Bruschetta, and the Lemon Cream Shrimp Penne Pasta are amazing. Definitely would go there again. It was great seeing you guys for about the 45 minutes before you left. We'll have to do it again!

Unknown said...

It's always good to be grateful! Thank you letting us win one game in our volleyball tournament. You are a hardcore player, although my side has been sore since then too.

Jamie & Angela said...

Lunch was great yesterday, we need to go more often!

Shanna Nemrow said...

And thank you for providing me with some great reading. Love your blog.